Sunday, March 7, 2010

99th Post.... Check out the Don-Sanity!!!

Before I collected Carl Crawford, but after I started collecting Rickey Henderson, DON MATTINGLY was my favorite player.  A fellow Hoosier with the most bad ass hair in the MLB.  Donny Baseball was my idol.  I have since learned to loath the evil empire, but back then I ran around my neighborhood every weekend checking to see if any of the kids I traded with had Mattingly cards.  It was one of the best times of my life.  

Recently Upper Deck lost a court case and the ability to produce baseball cards.  Although I am not a huge fan of Upper Deck it was nice having a choice when it came to which product to spend my money on.  Back when most of these cards were made we could pick between a number of companies as you can see.  Some of them had a license to use the logos and some did not.  I always wanted my Don's to have the Yankee logo, but I did trade away a lot of Gooden, Strawberry and Canseco cards to score most of these.  I hope you enjoy my random 99 Don-Sanity.












Do you have any of these cards in your collection?  If you do which one is your favorite?  Leave a comment.  I would love to know someone looked through the Don-Sanity!

THE CARD ADDICT

1 comment:

  1. Gotta say I still like my 1984 Donruss Donny Do. That was THE card to have in the mid-80's and I still have mine.

    ReplyDelete