Sunday, May 22, 2011

Unexpected Rays!!

A few weeks ago a package arrived in my mail box from the author of Night Owl Cards.  Seems like he was up late looking through his piles and piles of Dodger cards and must have come across a few Rays cards that he had no use for.  Being the kind blogger that he is, said Night Owl then stuffed them gently into a padded envelope and sent them to me here in the Sunshine State.  The Closet is very greatful!!!!  Here is a look at what showed up!!!!


First a couple of Crawford cards.  After a lot of back and forth on the matter I think I am going to continue to collect CC cards.  Even though his move to the Red Sox has made his cards a little more pricey on Ebay, I still really like Crawford's game.  He has really struggled in bean town this year, but should turn it around before the season is over.


The Owl also threw in a couple of odd ball Hendersons.  I really like the 70's inspired baseball card mag cut out.  Check out the back below.  


The investment advisor suggests BUY, BUY, BUY the Henderson Rookie at $150.  I wonder what they advisor is doing now?  I bet he is recommending Bryce Harper cards.


The ladies love LONGO and so does this blogger.  The Rays really missed him at the beginning of the year.  The Rays will only go as far as Mr. Longoria bat takes them this year.  Their offense is very streaky and Longo needs to keep it glued together.


BJ Upton, what a pleasant surprise you have been this season.  You have been playing pretty hard, picking up some clutch hits.  Must be a contract year!


Desmond I dont remember seeing you play on opening day?  Were you really there?  


I did not know who this was until I received this card, but apparently this is who the Rays are hoping will be their starting catcher at some point in the future.  After reading the info on the back of this card I have become a huge fan.  Justin is an Indiana native who was born in Muncie, Indiana at the same time I attended Ball State.  He also has been know to "DOMINATE AT TABLE TENNIS"  I hope to see you  at the Trop soon Justin.


And last but not least 80% of the Rays starting pitching staff.  4 out of 5 not to bad!!!  Shields 2011 Topps Opening Day, Wade Davis and Jeff Niemann surrounded by wood grain, and a tiny little David Price... so cute.

The lesson learned, all you bloggers, is if you have a bunch of these "Rays" cluttering up your collection and you want to unload them, there are plenty of us out here who will gladly take them off your hands.  Thanks again Night Owl Cards.

The Card Addict

3 comments:

  1. You're welcome.

    I'd like to think that the investment advisor sold all his cards in 1992 when prices were through the roof and is sailing on his yacht somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there - noticed your a devil rays collector. have you seen my blog? 'all trade bait all the time' all the cards posted there are for trade. check out my TB page. maybe you'll see something you like. stop by:
    http://alltradebait.blogspot.com/
    thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emailing you an offer of Rays for the Ruth, Yount, and Papelbon gu/manu's.

    ReplyDelete