Thursday, October 8, 2009

Goodwin Champions Retail break pt. 1

Who? A baseball card collector without much money who gave into GOODWIN peer pressure!
What? A retail blaster of 2009 Goodwin Champions
Where? Target, front of the store next to the pokemon card display.
When? Last week?
How? Snuck over at lunch and put it on the debit card.

Like most of you times for The Card Addict have been tough, I do not have the disposable income now that I had last year or the year before. In fact, I should be saving all my pennies right now to make it through the next few gift giving months..... But those Goodwin cards that everyone else was posting starting calling to me... While I drove to work, on my lunch break, on my drive home from work, while I sat and watched TV.... all day and all night... BUY ME. RIP ME. POST ME. I was powerless. So here are the results from my fix:

First off let me tell you I really like the vintage style cards, and I really enjoy pulling players from the past. So these three cards were very satisfying!

#89 JOE DIMAGGIO
#11 JOHNNY BENCH
#112 ROBIN ROBERTS


I also love to pull cards from my home town team, TAMPA BAY RAYS, so this threesome was also a nice surprise!!

#83 AKINORI IWAMURA
#103 JAMES SHIELDS
#59 EVAN LONGORIA


Non baseball cards are not my favorite thing to pull when I buy a box of BASEBALL CARDS, but I think Goodwin has some interesting non-baseball cards in this set. Here are 4 that I pulled.

#129 LAIRD HAMILTON
#44 BARACK OBAMA
#84 JOE LEWIS
#66 BUFFALO BILL CODY


The final group of cards I am going to post on this pt. 1 of 2 are the mini cards that I received. I am not really sure how I feel about these yet. The positives for these little scraps are they are tiny, it seems like there is a demand for them, and they make me feel like I got something special, small, but special. The negatives are they are too damn small to sort properly. I hate the way they look in a top loader, and I feel like Upper Deck is ripping me of by only using half as much cardboard and ink as a normal card. Here are the minis I pulled:

#224 RYAN DEMPSTER GYPSY QUEEN
#87 ANDY PETTITE GYPSY QUEEN
#23 KEVIN YOUKILIS
#10 VLADIMIR GUERRERO
#213 ERIK BEDARD
#108 TIM LINCECUM
#247 PAUL MAHOLM
#243 VERNON WELLS
#61 MICHAEL BEASLEY


So overall, I am pretty happy with this box. I will post part 2 of this break as soon as I have time. Everything I pulled from this break, except the Rays cards, is on the trading block, so if you need anything you see here, and you have some Carl Crawfords or some Rickey Hendersons taking up room at your house that you no longer want, contact me at: jmeloy1218@gmail.com and lets work a trade.

The Card Addict

No comments:

Post a Comment