Friday, October 30, 2009

Wal Mart Topps Crayon Box

So I bought one of those "crayon" boxes of 2009 Topps at Wal-Mart a few weeks back. I think I paid $9.99 for it. Kind of expensive. Overall the break was pretty good. I remember being in a good mood when I was done flipping through the cards. I think I also pulled a shiny chrome Ted Williams. I put them in their proper places and have not though much about it since. That was until last night when I started to clean up a few loose cards laying around and I re-found this card.


Now I need to figure out what to do with it. It is way to thick to go into a regular top loader. It is not a "real" jersey or material card. The patch is of the made up variety. I do not have any of the extra thick top loaders, and do not really want to go pick some up. How do you store these kinds of cards? Team case, penny sleeve, no protection? I do have a few Tom Seaver cards that can keep this company, but I hate to just throw it in the box with the others unprotected. Also, if this was your card would you clip the stray brown string that sticks up between the O and the R in WORLD SERIES? Would that be considered altering the card? Just some random thoughts on a night without baseball.

The Card Addict

No comments:

Post a Comment