Wednesday, August 5, 2009

2009 Allen & Ginter's

This is my first post so I feel it is important to tell you a little about myself. First and foremost I am a husband and father. I used to be an elementary school teacher, and now am in sales. I hope to educate, entertain, and inform with this blog. I am going to be doing a number of different types of postings on this blog. This post is going to be a standard pack bust. I am traveling this week, Russellville AL to be exact. I went to the Wal Mart here in town and picked up a pack of 2009 Allen & Ginter's, my first this year. I love this product! I enjoy the variety of the cards, and the vintage feel. I am not sure I received $4.97 worth of cards here, but I love ripping so hopefully the wife won't check the debit card statement. Here is what I found when the cellophane was cracked.

1st Card
Dan Uggla #62 Nice card, gotta love a power hitting second baseman



2nd Card
David Ortiz #300 Recently tested positive for ?????? Shame, shame Big Pappi. You gotta love the facial hair though. I really like the blue background on this card.


3rd Card
Jeff Francis #313 A pitcher from north of the border A! Lousy pose, very plain bland card.


4th Card
Kenshin Kawakami "Rookie" I know nothing about this guy other then he is from Japan.


5th Card
George Kottaras #285 "Rookie" My second Canadian in this pack A! I do like these Bosox cards with the blue background.


6th Card Half way through, nothing great yet.
Lastings Milledge #252 This guy has the perfect name for this set, it sounds like a name for the 30's or 40's


7th Card
Trevor Cahill #241 "Rookie" 6 wins and 10 losses with a 5.01 era at the time of this post......Rookie of the year, probably not.


8th Card
Edinson Volquez #102 Right elbow surgery, out the rest of this year and maybe half of next? I hope this guy can come back, he has amazing stuff.....


9th Card
Rickey Romero "Rookie" 10 wins and 4 Losses as of this post. 3.53 era and 109.2 innings pitched, not bad for a first year guy.


10th Card
New York Yankees AGHS12 Yankee Stadium Farewell. I really like this card, a college buddy and I made our baseball road trip last year to Yankee Stadium and the second to last game. We were bleacher creatures for a day, and it was awesome. Here is the card:


11th Card
Michael Cuddyer MINI #86 I have always liked the way this guy plays the game. I have a couple cards signed by him from a spring training game a few years ago. The Twins are always great signers and class acts during Spring Training.


12th and Last Card
Akinori Iwamura Japan NP20 Aki is one of my favorite players, he was an amazing 3rd baseman before Longoria, and became an outstanding 2nd baseman last year. He has outstanding footwork and is very quick. As a hitter he has what I call the slap and run approach to hitting which is very popular with Japanese hitters. I am always amazed at how those guys can be moving around so much in the batters box and still make contact.


Well that was my first retail Allen & Ginter's pack in 2009. Not great, but not the worst pack either. If you need any of these cards for a set, or personal collection, email me and we can work a deal.

Go Rays, and Happy Birthday to Carl Crawford.

The Card Addict

No comments:

Post a Comment