Saturday, August 22, 2009

Rain+Nap=Busted Wax


It is raining again here in the Tampa Bay area this morning, so I cannot get my grass cut. My daughter is taking a nap, and the wife ran to the grocery store to get some juice. What is a guy with a brand new Canon LiDE 100 scanner and a couple of unopened packs of cards to do.........

Bust a pack!!!! By the way, I played around a little with the software that came with the scanner and think that it will work much better for quickly scanning the cards then photoshop does. Canon's software is called MP Navigator EX and it makes scanning very simple, not as fast as I hoped, but still very simple. You throw your card on the platen, pick your settings, mine are color photo at 300 dpi and hit scan. It does the rest including cropping the card! This is a very nice feature. Then it automatically saves your scans in a file that has todays date on it. I just scanned 4 cards from this pack in about 4 minutes. Here are the results:


BRETT GARDNER, NY YANKEES OUTFIELD
This is a great looking card! Love the layout and the "I just crushed that ball" stare.


DENARD SPAN, TWINS OUTFIELD
Another Topps News Rookie Star. I like the Gardner card better, but this is a good start.


MIKE HAMPTON, ATL PITCHER

DERREK LEE CLUBHOUSE COLLECTION JERSEY/RELIC CARD
Wow, this is a nice hit! I don't think much of the layout on this card, or the photo, or the ALL white jersey swatch, but I cannot complain. It is a JERSEY CARD after all, and Derrek Lee is no slouch!!!


DAVID AARDSMA, RED SOX PITCHER

Last card:
DAN GIESE, NY YANKEES PITCHER


So far so good on the scanner, I love a bargain and at under $60.00 this scanner is doing everything I wanted it to do. You should pick one up from Amazon if you are in the market. I am not sure it would be great if you were selling and wanted to scan hundreds of cards per day, but for your blogging it works great!





The Card Addict

No comments:

Post a Comment