Monday, September 21, 2009

2008 Upper Deck Masterpieces pack

K-Mart had very little baseball wax available to feed my habit this weekend. I ended up buying a few random loose packs and a box that I will post the break of later when I have time. I already posted the results of my one pack of Goudey. Here are the results on 1 of 2 packs of 2008 Upper Deck Masterpieces that I ripped. Only 4 cards per retail pack, but then again the whole base set only has 120 so I am bound to get someone good.

Alex Rodriguez #62 This is a pretty sharp card, I just hope that A-Rod is watching a long foul ball before striking out in the pose and not admiring one of his 54 home runs from the 2007 season.......



Kouske Fukudome #22 This is another really great looking card. I really love the Japanese players in the Major leagues work ethics. Fukudome, Iwamura, even Dice-K seem like really hard working give 100% players.



Joe Mauer #50 So for the first time in American League history a catcher wins the batting title, "Let's paint a portrait of him with the award" What a terrible card. Show the swing, not the stupid award! What were you thinking UD?



Chin-Lung Hu #43 For a portrait card this does not make me want to puke. It is not a standard pose, and I like the fact you can see his uniform number. I wish it was an action shot, but if you have to have a portrait masterpiece, I guess this will have to do.



Overall, I would say this is a pretty good pack! I really like the Fukudome card, and I seem to always pull A-Rod. These are very attractive cards and at half price I could not pass on a couple of packs. Thanks for checking out my blog. As always these are on the trading block, so if you need one leave a comment.

The Card Addict

No comments:

Post a Comment